MOUSEPROOFING IN 200 WELLESLEY
Here we go folks..
So... now you have no phone, no cable, no computer, no furniture (btw, they love wooden furniture too), no food, no pets and a stock of warfarin and lysol/clorox wipes. Oh and mint sprinkled around. Enjoy!
- DO NOT have a dog, or if you do, don't feed it (them) (not treats either - they leave crumbs).
- DO NOT have birds, or if you do, don't feed it (them).
- DO NOT keep your groceries in the containers they came in. ABSOLUTELY NO BOXES. Go out and buy at least a dozen glass containers to dump your groceries into when you buy them. Hint.. remember to recycle all those boxes!!
- DO NOT use those plastic containers to keep your food stuffs in. Mice will easily eat through them.
- DO NOT purchase canned food. If you do, write on top and bottom of the can what's in it because the little buggers will eat those labels right off then you don't know what you have.
- PURCHASE Lysol or Clorox wipes like you have stock in the companies. You will need one container per room, a large one for the kitchen.
- PURCHASE anti-bacterial dish soap. Normally I don't purchase anti-bacterial stuff however you cannot use a dish (pot/pan, etc.) without washing it first and if you have mice, it's best to use an anti-bacterial one because they run everywhere in your kitchen. EVERYWHERE. Inside your pots and pans, over your dish rack, you name it, they go there.
- PURCHASE a swiffer vacuum and a swiffer wetjet. You will need both for the several times a day you vacuum and wash your floor. Gotta clean up all that pee and poop you know or believe me, it stinks something wicked. Stock up on the wetjet cleaner too when it's on sale.
- DO NOT have a sofa. They love to eat that too. Both the material and the stuffing inside.
- DO NOT have chairs at your diningroom table. They'll sit and poop on those too and use them as a conduit to get onto the diningroom table.
- DO NOT have a phone. They love to eat the wires.
- DO NOT have a computer. Same as above and they love to live inside them too.
- JUST DON'T HAVE anything that requires a wire ok? Cable tv included.
- DO NOT have books. If you like to read, go to the library but leave the books there because they love to eat those too.
- PURCHASE Warfarin at your local hardware. You'll seriously need it.
- PURCHASE mint and sprinkle it around. Anything is worth a try and it's suppose to be a natural deterrant.
Don't anyone ever try to tell me that my 2 lovebirds birdseed is the cause of this again. There is no birdseed in my kitchen and for that matter I don't even keep food in there either any more. There's no food in my washroom either and they are in there too. No food in the bedrooms either but they are there as well. They are behind the wall unit. No food back there for sure. And no, my birds do not get out and fly around the apt. either. It's ridiculous and it's insulting to think that you think I'm that damned stupid. Housing is just trying to lay blame anywhere it can other than itself. I had the lovebirds long before I had the damn mice. They were in the same place, same cage. I got the birds in May 2009, almost 2 years ago. They had this building completely empty of everyone for at least 8 days, they should have fumigated and trapped everything in here while they had the chance. Who's fault is that? And it's not like they didn't know there was a pest issue in this building. They had a committee on it.
© 200wellesley.com - photos and text